- 30-minute in-studio lessons are purchased in batches of 4 for $100 or 8 for $200. In-home lessons (when available) are 4 for $120 or 8 for $240.
- Your first lesson is free.
- If you are interested in guitar or ukulele and don't have an instrument yet, I can provide one for your free trial lesson. If you sign up, you'll need to purchase your own instrument.
- Guitar lessons are for all levels age 8 through adult.
- Ukulele lessons are for beginners age 6 through adult.
- Piano lessons are for beginners age 5 through adult.
- Music theory lessons are for students who already have some basic music reading skills.
What to expect in your first lesson.
If you are just starting out on guitar or ukulele, we'll cover the parts of the instrument and then establish a good basic playing position. Then we'll do some simple strumming, and I'll show you how to play two easy chords and a simple melody. We'll also talk about basic equipment you'll need to get, such as picks, extra strings, strap, and tuner (or free tuner apps). I'll also introduce you to the books that we'll be using for lessons. From your books, you'll learn how to play melodies, chords, and how to read music.
If you are starting out on piano, we'll get you oriented to the keyboard layout and cover basic hand position. I'll show you how to play one or two easy melodies, and I'll introduce you to the books from which you'll be learning music reading and hand independence.
You may be interested in learning music theory to help yourself be a better composer or to qualify for a college music program. In your first music theory lesson, we'll assess your current knowledge and come up with a plan to help you meet your goals.